Welcome to the Hub
Welcome to the Hub

Our History

Pegswood Community Hub is and independent commmunity development charity that has been working in Pegswood for over twenty years.

 

The Hub was originally based in a small colliery house on the terraces which was founded and developed into what we are today by Linda Carpenter who encouraged local people to get involved in the management and activities of Project House. In the fore-front of those involved within the local community was Mary Henderson who, in 2012, was appointed our Life President. 

 

By 2001 the activities had grown to such an extent that larger premises were being sought and we were fortunate enough to purchase and extend a large building which met everybody's needs.

 

A number of improvements were made to the building such as having a community kitchen fitted which gets used weekly; and a computer suite with 12 computers which are available for all to use.

 

 

 

 

Picture courtesy of Robert Dixon The Hub in 1895 when it was the School
Print Print | Sitemap
© Pegswood Community Hub